Monday, April 21, 2014

Because of Him

Easter day. “And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus...[but] behold, two men stood by them in shining garments. And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen.” Luke 24:3-6.

It would be kind of creepy if the center of our beliefs was in a man who was raised from the dead... (zombie apocalypse?) BUT. It's not, because He wasn't just a man. He was and is the Son of God. He only died for us. Think about that-- He never would have died if He hadn't chosen to give up His life. What a powerful act of love was the suffering, death, and resurrection of our Savior. I know that my redeemer lives. Because of Him, I can change! I can leave behind my mistakes and become full of faith and hope and light and love. 

I hope you all got or get to see the Easter video "Because of Him" that was up on lds.org and mormon.org. We saw miracles through using that video with people!! One young man we met happened to be on his lunch break for an hour before going back to work. We knocked on his door, to contact his mother, but he was the only one home. After introducing ourselves, we invited him to watch a short Easter video with us. As we watched, we could see his reflection in the tablet. It was miraculous to see his face take in the personal message of Easter. The Spirit bore witness of the resurrection of Christ. We committed him to meet with us again and invited him to learn more and watch more videos on mormon.org. As we walked back to the car, we heard another mormon message starting up on his tablet! It was such a sweet feeling to see him eagerly embracing the light of the gospel.

So so sorry for not sending my usual letter last week! There is a reason, but no excuse. Last week Harnett and Cumberland counties had their Spring Break. Little did we know, this would mean our usual library time was packed! So I got to read your emails and feel totally uplifted (: Then we came back later, and the library was closed, so thank you for giving me all of your love, even though I didn't give anything back last week!

I love Dunn! I also love being a Sister Leader. We had so much fun going on exchanges with the Spanish speaking sisters this week (: Hermana Page joined the church a couple years ago, and brings a completely fresh perspective to the gospel. It was so enlightening! Especially since she used to go to baptist services. Now, let me tell you about Southern Baptists: If ever people don't like us before we've even talked with them, they are usually southern baptists. Naturally, I am racking my brain to figure out what they possibly heard from their Pastor about us. Hermana Page wasn't quite sure,  but she did describe their services-- still somewhat of a mystery why we make them angry. Maybe they're just scared of change. I know I am. I see so many ways I need to change to be a better missionary. It is overwhelming. 

For Easter, we were invited to the Ginn family's home. They have four daughters ages 17, 16, 14, and 8. Same ages as my Caroline and Emma! It was sort of strange, because the Ginn girls are so grown up, and I kept thinking Care and Em can't be that old!? We taught them how to do familysearch indexing (: Those were the days.

I love you all so much! I know I couldn't love you all this much if I hadn't chosen to serve the Lord. It is one of His promises to us that He will fill us with His love as we serve His children. Do it! It's the greatest feeling. Also! Read and study Preach My Gospel. Members have so much more power to create meaningful relationships with those searching for truth! I hope you are all having many wonderful missionary experiences.
Doctrine and Covenants 121:45-46 Also, check out Elder Uchtdorf's talk "the power of a personal testimony"
Love love love, Sister B

No comments:

Post a Comment