Monday, July 21, 2014

Mosiah 28:3

Every week seems like a year. I don't even know where to begin!

One of the most lovely moments this week was contacting less active sisters with Sister Thompson (a returning less active, and a kindred spirit). We stopped by a lady's house whom we had never met, and knew nothing of, and got to share with her Romans 8:37-39. She loved it. Then we sang "I am a Child of God" and her little 3-year-old granddaughter was so enraptured, she looked at us with big eyes, and begged for us to sing it again (:

We are finding prepared people. On Friday, we stopped by a former investigator's house quick before weekly planning (my most favorite thing to do... ;) and lo and behold, he welcomed us in with open arms! We barely had a chance to ask if there was a woman present! He set us down in his library FULL of every religious work I have ever heard of, and commenced sharing with us his concerns about mormonism. It was miraculous. Sister Olive was sure I had at least met him before, but he was just very nice and welcoming. I love people like that.

Another couple like that are Richie and June. (I always think of Juniper when we teach them.) June and Richie are from Long Island. They grew up there, and have the thickest new yorker accents I have ever heard. I LOVE it. Missionaries had been helping June with her family history, and she was glad to see us again. She loves to talk about our purpose, tolerance, how to find a good spouse, how to raise your children... and then Richie will chime in, and they start teasing each other, it's so great. It makes it all the greater since he broke his hearing aid last weekend, so he was shouting out his comments about the plan of salvation. Bless his heart. We all agree that we were brought together for a reason. I learn so much from them. They make us feel like family, which is a much needed feeling for me lately.

The Hudson's and the Ramages both cooked us AMAZING southern home-cooked meals this week. I love banana puddin' and flakey buttermilk biscuits. :)

I hope I am learning to follow the Spirit more accurately. We just pray and pray, and sometimes I feel like we have no direction, but we go and do and try our best, and then miracles happen. I know I prayed for greater faith, so this is probably why Heavenly Father is letting me act on my own, without a clear answer. Ether 12:6, right? I received a beautiful feeling at the first transfer training for Sister Olive this week. I was overwhelmed with the knowledge that we are witnesses called, and there is no higher calling than that. It is like Elder Packer said, "at once a light to follow, and a burden to bear." I am so grateful we can be yoked with the Lord.

What are y'all doing to hasten the Lord's work this week? I hope you know how much Heavenly Father loves you! He has a plan. We finished studying the old testament in institute with Brother Jester and Brother Pipkin, and I was struck with how repetitive it is! Over and over again, Heavenly Father reaches out to us. "25 Behold, doth he cry unto any saying: Depart from me? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; but he saith: Come unto me ALL YE ENDS OF THE EARTH, buy milk and honey, without money and without price. 27 Hath he commanded any that they should not partake of his salvation? Behold I say unto you, nay; but he hath given it free for all men; and he hath commanded his people that they should persuade all men to repentance." -Nephi

There is no greater joy, than the joy in service to God.


I am grateful for the gospel, and for the little, beautiful, wonderful things the Lord allows into my life. Things like the sunset yesterday. North Carolina is the garden of eden- quote, President Bernhisel (: Wish I could send you pictures, but I did get a copy of Brother Pipkin's baptism picture from the Elders, so enjoy. Pardon my bad hair-do, it was a hectic day.

Love, Sister B

No comments:

Post a Comment