Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Happy Fall Y'all

Having another beautiful week in NC. We received great motivation from Zone Conference, and General Conference-- a double whammy of spiritual juice. At Zone Conference there was a surprise for the missionaries-- we got to watch "Meet the Mormons" to prepare to share it with members and non-members. It is a great film! Not what I expected, but very informative and pretty funny. I was mainly inspired by it; inspired by how the gospel changes lives. Living the Gospel of Jesus Christ feeds the light within each of us. There is no doubt in my mind that the gospel of Jesus Christ creates a marked difference in the lives of those who apply it. It is my lifestyle of choice :)

 My favorite talk was definitely Elder Klebingat's. It just spoke to me.

An aside on the lovely Fall weather: I love waking up in the morning and feeling a chill in the air. We've been running again, and it feels so brisk and alive outside. A big practice in NC is having a "chili cook-off" around fall time. I am looking forward to that. I made a pumpkin roll. It was addictive. Not doing that again. The Trueloves gave us some maple cookies from Aldi. They were way too yummy. Sister Hudson makes the most amazing german apple cake I have ever tasted in this life. It is incredible. I got the recipe, so never fear, I have many treats in store when I get back. The recipe actually comes from some pecan farmers outside of Lubbock. Brother Hudson is a cotton farmer, so we have that connection :)

Back to business: We had 2 investigators come to 2 sessions each of general conference, and they surely received a lot of spiritual strength and peace from the answers to their prayers. It is so meaningful to seek revelation for our stewardships from prophets of God. I would add in Elder Packer's line-up of revelation: the missionary for her investigator. There was a talk for every one of our investigators! Heavenly Father knows their names. He knows what they need. I don't always trust Him to give them what they need, but He always does. He is consistent.

I'm really glad to be here in Dunn. I like hearing our 9-year-old investigator pray for us. I like talking with everyone and demystifying their concept of mormonism. I like listening to elderly black ladies talk. They can spin a yarn and a half and have you bent over crying with a stitch in your side in no time at all. I like how everyone waves to each other.

Please pray for me to be more humble and sensitive to the Spirit, so I can do the Lord's will, and help our brothers and sisters effectively.

All my love, Sister Boucher

No comments:

Post a Comment