Monday, November 18, 2013

Feeling the Love


“Faith is the first principle of the gospel. Repentance is the number one doctrine of the kingdom. Obedience is the first law of heaven. And happiness is the object of our existence. But of all things in the gospel, in the scriptures, and in the plan of salvation, that which is  most important of all is the love of God.” (Kelly Ogden-Mighty Changes)."
~ Letter from President Bernhisel
Last week, we were visited by Elder Baxter of the 70. He is from Scotland (Could not stop thinking of Sean Connery.) His focus for us was on the Love of God. It is the motivating force behind everything we do as missionaries. I volunteered to do a role play with him (scariest moment of my mission so far). It was incredible. The love of God was so evident in the things he said to us, and the way he taught us. I learned that this love is what overcomes our fears to act and be bold in our faith.
This week, my heart is especially full of love for Justine. She is choosing to be baptized on Friday! She was so prepared by the Lord to accept the gospel, meeting her has increased my faith and testimony. I will send you pictures of our baptisms soon! I have been entirely forgetful of pictures, but I am getting better, and beginning to take more.
We found out at interviews on Friday that Sister Hardy is being transferred. My new companion will be a brand new little missionary, straight from the MTC. I get to train her!!! I am so excited for her to experience the mighty power of the Spirit and of the Love of God. Too often we wait for special callings to experience His love. Do not wait. Seek Him now and always.
I am just so happy! I want everyone to be this happy! Pray to be filled with the pure Love of Christ and then study the scriptures, ancient and modern - SOAK THEM UP - and I promise, you will feel His love. He loves you. He has a plan for each of us. Of this I testify, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Now, it seems my last letter to you all didn't go through! I am so sorry if any of this info is a repeat. I usually glance over last week to make sure I don't repeat stories. Tell me about how you feel God's love in your life! Tell me all about your scripture studies! Know I love you all. Let me know what I can do for you.
Love,

Sister B

No comments:

Post a Comment