Monday, November 11, 2013

Snapshots



Waking up in the morning goes something like this: beeeep beeeeep beeep snooze beeeeep beeeep Sister Hardy stumbles out of bed. I peek over, crumple up into prayer pose, and beg for the energy to get out of bed: Heavenly Father answers prayers (:

Driving onto Fort Bragg, we have to go through inspection every day. We have come to know our soldiers at the checkpoint, and always chat and see how they're doing. On one particularly cloudy day, I was feeling extremely happy to have the gospel, I was smiling and happy. I turned to one of our soldiers in response to his obligatory question: "How are y'all today?" And said: "Best day of my life." Somewhat taken aback, he responded, "Why??" I quickly bore my testimony that I know God lives and loves us. The gospel of Jesus Christ is the source of my joy. One of the other soldiers happily chimed in with his joy in the Savior, and Sister Hardy and I drove off with sunshine in our souls.
Smokers love to chat while they smoke. I guess smoking alone is pretty lonely. Recently, we have embraced Elder Ballard's directive that "If [we] want to teach more, [we] must talk to more people." Obviously. So, I make it a point to chat with smokers in passing. Recently, we met Kenny outside the library, doing his daily. I was touched by the light in his eyes as we helped him feel the Savior's love in his life. Hopefully, he remembers the Lord when he is more ready.
Missionary work is all about preparing others, and preparing ourselves, for the right time and the right place to allow the Spirit to testify of truth. I can't describe the feelings of peace and love as we prepare and prepare others, and finally find those moments. Those are the miracles. They come through obedience, patience, and faith. What miracles are you all seeing in your lives? They surely are cause to rejoice and feel gratitude to our Lord.
I love you all, and miss you! We are all important instruments in hastening the work of Salvation! Go get 'em!!!
Love,
Sister B

[This pic is of our District. Sister Shaum, to my left, was making me laugh quite a lot.]



No comments:

Post a Comment