Monday, December 9, 2013


Hi Everyone!
I learned a lot this week, and I want to share it all with you all; I just don't know how! Training a new missionary is stressful if you don't rely on the Savior. I have to be so close to Him all the time, especially now, or I feel completely overwhelmed and inadequate. I think this applies really well to life. Not coincidentally, three of you emailed me about how He will help us, and how He does bless us when we are full of faith. Thank you for listening to the Spirit. 

I am learning through my own experiences, and feeling deeper conversion to the restored gospel. How wise and purposeful are God's commandments! His plan for us saves us from sorrow that is unavoidable if we do not accept the atonement. This is absolute truth. The world is wrong to deny that good and evil, light and darkness exist in stark contrast. They oppose each other and are not reconcilable. With each choice that we make, we either live in light, or we live in darkness. We needed to Fall in order to learn and become like our Father in Heaven. Because of the Fall, we must choose to accept Jesus Christ. There is no other way. The need for the Fall reminds me of the children's book by Lois Lowry: the Giver. Remember how no one in the village carries memories of real life? Remember how it hurt the little boy to get them, but there was no other way for Him to understand existence or truth? There is no other way for us to learn what God knows. We must experience it for ourselves. I am amazed at the Love of God. He loves us enough to allow us to have horrific, terrifying, fantastic, glorious experiences. He loves us enough to choose to come back to Him. He loves us enough to send His son to die, that through Him we might be cleansed from sin. I know you all know this already, but I love it too much to not testify of it again! Christ is the way, the truth, and the life! I invite each of you to keep His commandments this Christmas, to show Him your love. Go to the temple, invite friends over for a spiritual message or movie, play with little children, and SING lots of Christmas songs! Christ the Savior is born!
Let me know if there is anything you all need! I love questions to respond to (: I will let you know how Aquisha's baptism goes. Enjoy the pics.
Love,
Sister B


1 In the car on our way back from the historic, first-ever Sisters Meeting for the NCRM. Sister Arave is so diligent in her studies... I fell asleep (:

2 At our Ward Mission Leader's home after the Christmas Devo.

No comments:

Post a Comment