Monday, December 2, 2013

Liebe Familie


Ich hab euch Lieb! I thought of you all this past Thanksgiving, and my heart swelled with gratefulness! I LOVE YOU PEOPLE. Your lights shine through my heart to everyone here in North Carolina.

This week has been glorious! Sister Arave and I love to run together every morning.
Thanksgiving Day, we had the opportunity to teach non-members invited over to dinner at a member's home. As we gathered around to share the message, I was surprised to realize we were going to be teaching a whole group of people, just. like. Alma. Wahoo! It was amazing! We felt the Spirit testify of Christ and the blessings He sends. We invited them all to pray and offer thanks to the Lord for the blessings He has given us, especially, the gift of His Son. Although we were present at four full Thanksgiving meals, I have to admit, I didn't eat as much as usual. Nothing can quite compare to my Sisters or my Mothers and their cooking. Connie and Mama, I miss you! (I even miss Raymond's breakfast specials, and Papa's delicious oatmeal... man...) Don't even get me going on Elise's pies. I don't want to think about it (: I settled for a new treat, Sweet Potatoe Pie, which is a favorite in these parts. It was tasty. No lemon cheesecakes though.
Enough about food, let me tell you the real reason for the gloriousness this week:
Monday, we found an elect family, prepared and excited to hear the gospel! The family is mom, dad, Aaliyah, and Patrice (twin 15-year-old girls). They remind me of Emma and Care! They are so cute, and love to give us hugs. 
On Tuesday, there was a MASSIVE rain storm. It literally pooouuured down incessantly all day. We got to eat a candlelight dinner at the primary president's home, since the power lines were out: great fun. Then we attended Young Women with Aaliyah and Patrice :D
Wednesday, we saw them again, and really got to meet their mother for the first time. She was abused as a baby, so she has been in a wheelchair her whole life. She has so much love, and so much faith in God's plan for her. Her name is Toni. Furthermore, Wednesday, we taught Aquisha again, and Sister Arave invited her to be baptized. (Drum Roll Please). She will be baptized Saturday the 14th!!! Heavenly Father is the best! Every day a new delight, a greater challenge, another soul to save.
Saturday, we finally got ahold of Ashley again, and she is doing much better! I am relieved to see her smiling and praying again. Sunday was filled with lovely testimonies. As I bore my testimony, I was filled with joy and peace. I know Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He lives. I have never known it so absolutely. I am positive that through service, treasuring up His words, mighty prayer, and sacred ordinances, we obtain a refuge in our hearts from the cares and troubles of the world. I have hope! I have joy! I desire all to receive it! Let us proclaim the joy of the atonement to all the world!

Thank you for all of the wonderful notes and love! I love you family! Je'tem Familie, Te quiero Familia, Ich hab dich Lieb Familie! Be safe and keep the commandments. Tis' the Season!
Luke 2:10-11
Love,
Sister B

No comments:

Post a Comment