Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Hi! I love you people!

Not sure what news to share! This is my Monday dilemma. 

My favorite thing in the whole world this week is the Sacrament. I love the feeling of having my whole self, body and soul, feeling clean and pure and peaceful again. Forgiveness is a gift from God. We have to seek it though; the best gifts aren't hand-outs.

I tried my first military MRE this week. Yum! The fire-less heating device was miraculous! I couldn't believe my eyes! The equipment that comes in the package only needs a little water and then voila! Presto hot meal! I was in rapture. 

I also had a special moment with a special furry animal this week-- Brownie the Rabbit happened to be hiding in a Member's bathroom when I decided to go in to answer mother nature's call... It was nice to have company I guess. ;)

Biggest news is probably that: IT SNOWED! All the schools shut down for 3 days. It was so weird. We ended up driving anyway, because we missed the call that missionaries should try to stay off the roads... oops. Luckily, it was only an inch, the roads were far from icey, and we both come from Utah, so we enjoyed a taste of home and a reason to wear mittens.
Don't you love how life stops sometimes for certain things? It was such a relief to get some variety into the daily routine! Tender mercies (:

I have so many friends now in this area; every day is a delight. Relationships are that much stronger when they are built around the gospel. I still love meeting new people, and knowing I was meant to bring this special message to them. They can benefit from my slant and my experience. Heavenly Father trusts us with that! Isn't it exciting? It makes me want to SPRING out of bed each morning! There is a purpose for life! There is hope and joy and peace to be had! Just when life starts looking rosy, I know to expect trials ahead. I'm going forth with peace in my heart. Adventure's out there!

North Carolina is beautiful. I like the thick air. It rains and reminds me of Germany. Not to cause any hard feelings, but we truly couldn't be happier. Not even if I had my mountains and my oboe and my sisters here too. My joy is full in serving our Savior. 

I lovfe you... oops typo. It kind of looks like a russian accent though. I will let you enjoy that.

Love y'all!
Sister Boucher

No comments:

Post a Comment