Monday, June 9, 2014

Desires

"Wherefore if ye have desires to serve, ye are called to the work." D&C 4:5

It is always a joy to see your desires being realized. One very obvious lesson learned over the past few months is that the Lord's ways are not my ways. 

We have the funniest ward mission leader. He is an army guy with 7 kids, and a firey testimony. He talks with us a lot about lining our will up with the Lords. A couple Sundays ago, he was teaching in Gospel Principles about Agency, and how the Lord lets us help in His work, even when we can't do much. He compared missionary work to an experience he had with his oldest son, Peyton. When Peyton was 3, he saw his dad working on a car, and wanted to help. He found his little plastic toy hammer and hard hat and eagerly came out to the carport. With great hopes, he asked his dad if he could help. His dad smiled, and nodded, and Peyton commenced tapping the front fender with all the joy and muster he could. 

I often feel like I am doing a great work, when really, I am learning to take part in the great work of the Lord. It is really good to know that our desires are in the right place as we try to line our will up with His. We are finally beginning to see some fruit as the ward joins with us to hasten the work. Members are the only missionaries, as far as I'm concerned.

I got the picture for you all, so hope you enjoy it (: I dreamed last night that I was showing Gram my bike and telling her how great it was (: It really is a comfy ride. I hope you are all having a wonderful week, and I can't wait to hear more of your graduating and massaging, and knitting and color guarding and organ playing and world traveling adventures. The greatest adventure is definitely ministering to our brothers and sisters. I'm glad we share those desires. Together, we must do a bit more than tap on the front fender of the work of salvation (:

Love,
Sister B

p.s. chocolate would not be good to send for the next few months. It is SO HOT. and humid sheesh, I didn't know it could be so uncomfortable to wear long sleeves! (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment