Monday, June 30, 2014

Life's a dance you learn as you go

Today I learned that my hope comes from stories. Scriptures, family history, memories, books, pictures: stories. (I feel this would be an effective 2 voice poem ;) ahhh those were the days. Soyoung is from Korea. She and her fiancee came to church yesterday, and it was miraculous. They enjoyed it. She took notes in her korean book of mormon during the entire meeting. It was wonderful. Kenneth is from here, and he never wanted to come back ever again, because people here can be straight up racist. (False traditions of their fathers) So, when we approached him and he was at his lowest low, he felt like Heavenly Father sent him angels. Angels outside the library in Dunn, NC. Pretty neat. I love the people of North Carolina. I feel my perspective morphing into a strange, versatile thing. I have a harder time defining my experiences, and the people I meet and talk with. Life isn't what I thought it was. There is more to it than I even now know. When I talk with strangers, I like to think about how much Heavenly Father loves them, and wants them to be successful, and wants them to find joy in this life. Satan works pretty hard. I don't feel bad for him. He knows exactly what he's doing, and he is evil. We were driving along the country roads, and I was singing in my head the John Denver song, and Miss Dot was driving and telling us about how Erwin and Dunn have changed since she was little. And I looked out the window at these strange green plants; I had been noticing that field after field of these strange green plants were speeding by, and I didn't know what plant it was, so I asked Miss Dot, and she says "Haven't you ever seen a tobacco field, Sister?" Wow. Culture shock. So, I feel I am becoming more educated (: We were told before we came out that swimming would be forbidden. On the contrary, we sweat so much, I feel that swimming is all we do out here. Yummmmy humidity. Feels like walking through a fluffy pillow (: Well, I love you all. Scripture of the week has been Mosiah 7:33. The Lord's timing is... not my favorite. BUT I am trying to bend my will, and hoping it will become my favorite soon (: Love, Sister B

No comments:

Post a Comment