Monday, March 3, 2014

March 3rd



Hello! I love you all!


 Life has been fairly lovely. We get to teach so much, and we think it's because we are serving two wards and a branch. If I ever get transferred, I may have way too much energy for a single ward to handle.. Did I ever mention that 7 hours of church is a stretch? *cough* I mean a joy? It's grown on me, let's just say that.

There was a lady this week whose husband is taking her to court to appeal for custody of her kids. When she was in town looking for an attorney, she felt super desperate and decided to pray and ask for help. After coming out of the building, she ran into some missionaries who referred her to us. Heavenly Father is so mindful of His children! She came to church yesterday, and LOVED it. We have never seen someone so eager to jump in and be involved. She kept looking over at us and smiling this big smile. She said after gospel principles, "I'm on cloud 9!" hahaha It was great.

The weather has been rolling in nastily. Freezing rain, snow, black ice, hail. Rotten weather makers. Don't they know I am scared of driving in bad weather? No worries gram, I go slow and steady.

I was so close to finishing the BOM in 30 days! only about 70 pages short. Ah well, I'll go for 35 days. I have to admit, the Spirit comes in ultra-mega-abundance when we read the Book of Mormon in faith.

I'm grateful for agency, because I like having a say in what happens in the world. Even if all we have is a small sphere of influence, Heavenly Father can take our efforts and create a ripple effect to people we don't even know yet. I hope y'all are letting your lights shine. I promise miracles do come to pass. 

This weekend, Chelsea and her husband, Patrick, are going to be baptized!!!! This is my first married couple, and I am Thrilled!!!!!!!!!!! I've been with Chelsea from the beginning, and it's amazing seeing her grow so much!

Tomorrow I get to go on an exchange down to Pembroke-- this'll be real north carolina cooking I hear, so I'll let you know how it goes (: Sister Arave sends her love!


Keep looking UP there is so much to live for, we just don't remember it all. Enjoy some more pictures-- sorry, I am still working on getting a new memory card for my camera, (I just keep forgetting) so probably in the next week or two, you will get to see a lot of awesome pictures of our apartment, and the amazing people I love here. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment