Monday, March 17, 2014

The Miracle of Service

We have deeply inspired leaders in this church. I am so so so grateful for them! Stake Conference was a special broadcast to all the South-Eastern States-- probably the same one that Uncle Michael and Uncle Jonathan got to see!!! We're kind of connected (:
L. Tom Perry, Sister Stevens from the Primary presidency, Elder Carlson and Elder Johnson from the seventy, and our Stake president, President Chandler all spoke. The addresses were powerful.
I learned how to develop self-discipline, how to plant seeds in people's hearts, that we should never take "selfies," and that the Lord is indeed hastening His work.

Guess what that means?! Jesus Christ is coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can wait for this one. I am motivated to live more healthily and righteously than ever before, so I can continue to help prepare the world for this wonderful time!
The part about selfies really got me-- Elder Johnson was pointing out how self-absorbed and independent our society has become, and how we could give one another service opportunities even by just asking someone else to take a picture of us (: It was so funny! And so true! I know the gospel answers the questions in people's hearts. The addresses specifically addressed many of our members' concerns. Elder Johnson also pointed out how Service performs miracles in our lives. Service is a catalyst for a change of heart. It is what helps us more than anything else to become like Christ.

This week, we have been working with Mary. She is also a life-long smoker, and we're hoping she will have the faith to quit. I am so glad Grandpa Craig quit smoking!!!!! It really does kill you. Just in case anyone was wondering... 

Another big news is that I am being transferred to a new area next Tuesday! I am so sad, I can't believe it. I will miss the people here a whole bunch. I will get my new address to y'all as soon as I can!

Love,
Sister B

No comments:

Post a Comment